ESPE 2016 will take place at the Harnack House, the conference center of the Max Planck Society.
The Harnack House
The Harnack House is located on the campus of the Free University Berlin. It has a long history as venue for scientific conferences and debates. Immediately after opening its doors on May 7, 1929, the Harnack House was an integral part of the German and Berlin scientific community. Numerous Nobel Prize winners met here in social exchange and for academic discussion, holding lectures and colloquia. After being used by the American military forces during the cold war, the Harnack House has again managed to establish itself as an organizer of high level scientific conferences and events.
More details on the history of the conference venue as well as impressions from 1929 up to 2015 can be found here.
In 2014, the Harnack House was completely renovated and equipped with state-of-the-art conference facilities while the historical substance was preserved. After reopening the Harnack House offers one large lecture hall, two medium lecture halls and several seminar rooms. In addition, it is equipped with a great hall, a large garden and terrace as places for discussion and rest.